Cal Poly Geology Students Present Research at Cordilleran/Rocky Mountain Geological Society of America Meeting
June, 15, 2011 - Ten Cal Poly Geology Majors authored or coauthored five poster sessions at the Geological Socierty of America Cordilleran/Rocky Mountain Sectional Meeting at Logan, Utah - May 18-20, 2011.
Jessica Bruns' presentation on rare earth mineralization (Shown to the Right) was selected as one of the two best GSA student poster sessions. The judges were impressed with the quality of her presentation and outstanding scientific merit. Congratulations Jessy!!
The students presentations and links to their abstracts are below (Geology Majors shown in BOLD:
- BRUNS, Jessica J.(1), JESSEY, David R.(1), and BALTZER, Suzanne M.(2), RARE EARTH MINERALIZATION OF SOUTHERN CLARK COUNTY, NEVADA: (1) Geological Sciences, California Polytechnic University-Pomona, Pomona, CA 91768, (2) Geological Sciences, California State University - Los angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90032
- BUTCHER, Amber J., MARSHALL, Jeffrey S., MORRISH, Shawn C., RITZINGER, Brent T., and WELLINGTON, Kacie L.,: SEISMIC CYCLE DEFORMATION AND NET COASTAL UPLIFT AT SAN JUANILLO, NICOYA PENINSULA, COSTA RICA: Geological Sciences Department, Cal Poly Pomona University, Pomona, CA 91768
- KWONG, Kevin B. and POLET, Jascha: TESTING AN ALGORITHM TO RAPIDLY DETERMINE EARTHQUAKE FAULT PARAMETERS FROM AFTERSHOCK LOCATIONS: Geological Sciences, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Pomona, CA 91768
- PAZOS, Celia S., POTTER, Hannah, and POLET, Jascha: GRAVITY PROFILES ACROSS THE SAN JOSE FAULT ON CAL POLY POMONA CAMPUS: Geological Sciences, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, Pomona, CA 91768
- PEPIN, Jeffrey D., HANKS, Audra M., and NOURSE, Jonathan A.: CLAST ANALYSIS OF QUATERNARY GRAVELS ALONG THE EAST-CENTRAL SAN GABRIEL MOUNTAIN FRONT: IMPLICATIONS FOR EVOLUTION OF THE SIERRA MADRE-EVEY CANYON THRUST SYSTEM: Geological Sciences Department, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona, CA 91768